The Argentina Steakhouse
Flank Steak With Pineapple Salsa
– 2 cups peeled cored and chopped fresh pineapple
– 11 ounce can mandarin orange sections drained
– 1/2 cup chopped red or green sweet pepper
– 1/3 cup picante sauce
– 12 ounces beef flank or boneless sirloin steak cut 1/2 inch thick
– 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
– 1 tablespoon olive oil
– 6 cups packaged torn mixed salad greens
1. For pineapple salsa in a medium bowl gently stir together pineapple, mandarin oranges, sweet pepper and picante sauce then set aside.
2. Trim fat from steak the thinly slice across the grain.
3. Sprinkle with chili powder.
4. In a large skillet cook and stir half of the seasoned steak in hot oil over medium-high heat for 5 minutes then remove from skillet and repeating with remaining steak.
5. Arrange salad greens on plates the top with steak and salsa.